Congratulations! You’re taking classes with Seraka Studios. Below are some resources that can help you with your home study. All of the information below is voluntary and is not required to prepare for classes, it’s just for your enjoyment.
Sundays @ 6:30p – 7:30p
SESSION #1 runs September 19, 26, and October 3, 10, 17, 24
SESSION #2 runs November 7, 14, 21, 28, and December 5, 12
Lynn Panting Dance
30 Harvey Road, St. John’s NL
Please press the buzzer and wait to be admitted
- I’ve compiled a page with all of my favourite music theory, musicality, and Arabic rhythm resources. Take a peek at your leisure if you’re interested in learning more about the music aspect of our dance form.
- Newfoundland Belly Dance Collective – come join the group on facebook for all the NL classes, workshops, shows, costuming and more.
- Belly Dance Brew happens live online on September 18, October 16, and December 18.
- Synthesis: Daydream happens at Bannerman Brewing Co on November 20.
- Originally we were scheduled to start Session #1 on Sun Sep 12, but we’re delaying the start for this series by one week due to Hurricane Larry’s dramatic personality. Session #1 Sunday classes will start Sun Sep 19 instead (Wed classes, and all classes in Session #2 are unaffected).
- “Loops for Dancers, Vol. 1” by Radio Laria (2012).
- “The Masters of Bellydance Music, Vol. 4” by Various Artists (2016).
- “Beginners Guide to Solace” by Solace (2010).
- “Secretly Famous” by The Spy from Cairo (2016).
- “Blind Threshold” by Beats Antique (2010).
- “The Dancing Drum, Vol 2” by Issam Houshan (2008).
Dance At Home!
Below are great online classes that you can sign up for, and continue dancing at home between dance classes and sessions! The teachers, and their content, style, and approach to learning cannot be recommended enough as supplemental studies to your regular classes.
Datura Online by Rachel Brice
Audra Simmons on Patreon
Online Classes with Aziza
Online Classes with Melissa Gamal